Monday, July 21, 2008

Greetings from Sunny Italy

For starters, please excuse any errors in spelling and what not in this post. I am using my BlackBerry instead of my laptop because we are traveling.

We just spent three days in Rome where we got lucky with the weather, it was only in the 90s instead of 110 as it had been right before we got there! We were so lucky in Rome because Jim's parents took us with them on their tour of the Vatican. They hired a private guide to take them and give them a tour. It was awesome. This woman was so knowledgeable about the art and history of the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's basilica. The whole day was awe inspiring to say the very least. I can't remember the last time I learned so much. I will post the photos when we return to Zurich.

We went to Pompeii
yesterday and are spending two nights in Sorrento on the Amalfi coast. This has to be my favorite place in Italy. We are going to Venice tomorrow and then on to Paris to see the end of the Tour de France, the one demand I had when planning this trip. I am hoping to stalk Bob Roll around Paris so I can meet him. I figure I'll I find the Versus TV camp and wait.this has been a weird year watching the tour. We have seen coverage in french, German, Italian and Spanish but I have yet been lucky enough to see Bobke do his thing on American TV. Maybe I'll get my chance on Sunday.

Until later.

No comments: